Painter found dead in La Vergne; Carbon monoxide may be to blame

LA VERGNE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A painter was found dead Thursday morning at a home in La Vergne.

La Vergne police told News 2 the preliminary investigation indicates the man could have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The victim was a sub-contractor for Main Street Renewal. The house on Harmony Lane had no power and the painter was using a gas generator.

Police told News 2 it appears the man, believed to be in his mid 30’s, had finished painting downstairs and had taken the generator upstairs to a back room and opened a window for ventilation.

He was found in a fetal position near a ladder next to the fireplace, his paint roller was still in the pan.

A worker with Main Street Renewal came to check to see if the painting had been finished and found the man unresponsive. He called 911 and began CPR on the victim.

Police also said the lease management company last spoke with the painter Wednesday and he apparently told them he would have the painting done by Thursday.

Police believe he may have been working through the night before being overcome by carbon monoxide.

His SUV was still parked in the driveway with the back hatch open.

Police told News 2 after the fire department ventilated the home the carbon monoxide levels still had a reading of 84 ppm.

Police have requested an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.

Authorities are warning people to be careful when using generators.

They say make sure they are outside.

Source: news2
Painter found dead in La Vergne; Carbon monoxide may be to blame

Add Comments


You may also like...